Covers for 'Hybrid' / 'Off-Road' vehicles
Do you own a 'Hybrid' or 'Off-Road' Caravan?
This emerging style of vehicle has surged in popularity over recent years, and now more than ever these are looking to be the next best thing for families wanting to get off the main road and go bush to explore the inner reaches of our great country.
The only problem is there are no ready-made covers on the market to suit the different dimensions of this new vehicle type. For instance:
- Hybrid vehicles have varying widths, with some being slightly wider than standard with widths close to 2500mm, with many having narrower widths closer to 2000mm. This makes it a challenge when selecting the right cover.
- Hybrid Caravans can be taller than a standard Caravan, with heights around 2400mm compared with 2200mm for most makes / models. Others can be closer to 1800mm, which is a similar height to a typical Pop Top caravan. This makes it a challenge to find covers that fit these varying height dimensions.
- Off-road vehicles often have the rear section of the caravan's base angled up, allowing it to be taken through steep terrain, however a caravan cover is designed to fit a standard caravan rear panel. This makes it challenging when deciding on a how a cover will be able to fit neatly across the rear panel.
There is no easy solution, so if YOU own a Hybrid / Off-Road vehicle you need to talk with us at Caravan Cover Shop before making your purchase.
Note: Please know that each manufacturer displays differing specifications online;
- some refer to the full travel length including drawbar (not body length);
- some measure the height from ground to the top of the A/C unit rather than measuring from the base of the vehicle.
This makes it difficult for us to assist without knowing the correct measurements, so please ensure you have your Length / Width / Height dimensions available.
If there is a gap between your front panel and your storage compartment, or a gap between your rear panel and any rear-mounted accessories, then ideally the cover can fit from panel to panel and these are the measurements we will need.
If there are no gaps then please assist by measuring the full length including storage box / spare wheel / bike rack etc (whichever applies).