The cover you choose will depend on a number of factors. For instance, if you plan to use your cover for an extended period of time in direct weather conditions you will require a more heavy duty cover. However if you garage your vehicle for the majority of the time and you only plan to use your cover while you're on the road, you may consider using a lighter grade of cover.
Most importantly you will need the correct size. Measuring your caravan chassis (not the draw-bar) from front most panel to rear (metric measurement advised) you can compare your measurements with those appearing on our online store, ensuring that you choose correctly. It would be a shame to choose the wrong size, as once a cover has been shipped, our Suppliers will not accept returns for an incorrect choice.
How do I fit my cover?
Generally, most caravan / pop top / camper / motorhome covers are fitted in much the same way. However we supply a number of different brands of covers so there are some minor differences in the way they are fitted and secured. As a general rule of thumb the following instructions will assist you with fitting your cover correctly.
Ideally, you will need two people to fit your caravan cover.
N.B. your cover should not be fitted to a wet caravan.
- Make sure all aerials and protruding objects are fully retracted.
- Lay the cover out at the back (off-side Not door-side) of your caravan.
- Look for the front tag on the hem of the cover to indicate direction
- Stretch the caravan cover to its full length
- When the cover is fully stretched, find and unzip the 3 zips, which will open one side of the cover
- Lay the unzipped side panels over the top of the caravan cover
- One person should stand at each end of the caravan
- Check location of any obstruction such as air conditioners, antennas etc.
- When both people are ready, carefully pull the cover from the off side to the front door side
- Then fit the elastic hem of the cover to the front and rear of your caravan
- Pull all 3 zippers to the closed position. You have now fitted your caravan cover
- Pass the nylon straps under your caravan and fasten buckles to hold caravan cover firmly in place
A small stepladder may assist with fitting your caravan cover
Does my cover come with a Warranty?
The great news is since we are an authorised online retailer for all products we carry, you will receive a full Warranty from the individual manufacturer.
Please check the manufacturers Warranty information enclosed with your cover or alternatively visit the manufacturers website for their specific Warranty terms. Caravan Cover Shop is more than happy for you to contact us if you need assistance filing a Warranty claim with the manufacturer.
If any caravan cover is deemed faulty by the manufacturer, the consumer (customer) will be provided options ranging from repairing the cover, a replacement product if its currently available or a partial or full refund for the original cost of the caravan cover.
Most caravan covers are guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship, provided the caravan cover's correct application is applied.
Shipping and handling costs are non-refundable. Normal wear and tear, wind, & accidental damage are not covered under this return policy.
Note: Manufacturers Warranty does not include UV Damage.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We accept the following payments:
- Credit/Debit Cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Bank deposit
Is it safe to use my credit card with caravancovershop.com.au?
Yes, we use only the most trusted payment platforms ie; PayPal, Stripe which adhere to strict PCI Compliance regulations, so you can rest assured your credit card details are safe.
Is my personal information secure?
caravancovershop.com.au employs the very latest (SSL) Secure Socket Layer technology to ensure your personal information remains secure, we do not share/sell any of your personal information with third parties.
Where are you located?
Our office is located in Newcastle NSW, however our products ship directly from the manufacturer, saving you time and money.
Are you an Authorised Online Retailer?
Yes! caravancovershop.com.au only carries brands we are an authorised online retailer for. This means you get the FULL Factory Warranty.
How can I place an order?
- Firstly, choose the correct size by clicking on it - the highlighted button should turn black and the price for that size will be displayed on the screen;
- Click on the orange "Add to Cart" button and follow the instructions on the order page.
If you are ordering more than one product, click the "X" at the top right of the Shopping Cart window and continue browsing. Repeat the above steps for each product you wish to purchase.
- Once you have everything in your Cart and are ready to check out, you can click the orange "Cart" button which will then display all items you wish to purchase. If you have made a mistake or if you change your mind, you can click the "X" associated with a specific product and it will be deleted from your Cart.
- You will see a "Special Notes" field below the listed Items - it is here that you can mention any special delivery instructions or notes, i.e. you may want the delivery driver to leave your parcel somewhere safe without requesting a signature.
- Click the orange "Checkout" button and continue through the checkout process, adding your email address, address and phone contact details.
- On the right hand side of the screen you will see a Discount area where you can receive any current promotional discounts we might be offering. If you have a valid code, enter it here and click "Apply" to make sure you receive the discount.
- Complete this page by clicking the orange "Continue to shipping method" button.
- The next page offers a summary of your email and address information. Use the orange "Change" links alongside to the right if you need to make changes to this information, or you can always click the orange "Return to customer information" link, which will take you back to the previous page.
If everything is correct however and you are ready to make your payment, click the orange "Continue to payment method" button.
- Select your method of payment from the available list by clicking on the small radio buttons to the left of each option. If your billing address is different from your shipping address, select "Use a different billing address" and complete this information. Complete this page by clicking the orange "Complete order" button.
Ordering by Phone:
Even though the online purchase process is extremely secure, not everyone trusts this and we have helped many customers by accepting credit cards over the phone.
We will happily discuss your specific needs with you to ensure you select the right product before you commit to a purchase.
Ordering by Email:
If you want to place your order via email, you have two options. You can:
- use our handy Contact Us form to send us a message, or;
- send an email to email@example.com.
Please include as much information as possible, including the type of van you own, its' dimensions, and any other information you feel is relevant.
Does caravancovershop.com.au charge GST?
We are a licensed business in New South Wales which means GST is already included in the product prices.
Can you ship to a P.O. Box address?
At this time, we are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes. If you feel that your street address is too difficult to ship to, please consider offering a physical work address or the address of a trusted family member / friend.
When will I be contacted to confirm my order?
For all orders we will send you a confirmation email when your order is placed and again when your order is shipped.
When will I be contacted regarding delivery?
Immediately after your order has shipped, we will email you with your shipping information including tracking number and tracking website address. This allows you to easily track the daily progress of your order from the warehouse to your door step.
How long does it take to ship my order?
As soon as we receive your order we submit this to the Supplier the same day. Your order is then processed and is generally ready for shipment as early as the following business day, but generally no later than two business days.
Occasionally we may place your order with the Supplier and then be advised that the item is on back-order. If this happens we will call or email to discuss the matter, and offer you a choice of a full refund if you are unable to wait until stock is available.
Please allow 5 to 14 business days for delivery.
Once your item has been shipped, please allow up to 14 business days for delivery. While most deliveries will be received within 7 business days, freight to remote areas will take longer.
If you feel your delivery is taking longer than expected, please use the tracking details provided. Alternatively, you may contact us using the Contact Us form or call us on 1300 044965.
Depending on your location, the Courier services used include, but are not limited to, Australia Post, Couriers Please, Sendle and Fastway.
It is often the case that the above freight operators utilise third party freight companies to get your package from the closest major depot to your door. In such cases the tracking information may no longer be available once the package is passed on to a third party.
Once I have placed an order can I cancel it or get a refund?
Cancellations, Returns & Refunds:
Cancellation of an order may only be made within 24 hours of the order being made. A cancellation fee of $20.00 will be deducted from the purchase price, and the balance returned to the Customer by the same payment method used for the purchase.
Orders can not be cancelled outside of 24 hours of being made.
Caravan Cover Shop is unable to accept returns due to a change of mind. Following the 24 hour cancellation period, the buyer accepts full responsibility and ownership of the product. This condition has been established by our Suppliers.
Returns will be accepted if the cover arrives in a damaged condition, or if you receive the wrong cover or size in error. See 'Damages / Wrong size received' above for details.
What happens if my cover is damaged when it arrives?
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) upon arrival. If you notice any damage please make note of it when signing for delivery, or if the item was authorised to be left without a signature (ATL), please inspect the package as soon as you can once received.
If your item(s) arrives damaged, please take clear photos of any affected areas and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help facilitate a Warranty claim with the manufacturer on your behalf.
Why does it say "Kirklee Enterprises" on my credit card statement/invoice/bill?
"Kirklee Enterprises" is the credit card statement identifier for our e-commerce store caravancovershop.com.au.
I have a question you have not covered!
Please feel free to contact us with any question we have not answered here, simply visit our Contact page!